Saturday, March 27, 2010

Healthy Competition

Tonight is the night I have been anticipating since March Madness began. Tonight, Kentucky takes on West Virginia for a spot in the Final Four.

As you know, I am both an avid college basketball fan and a Kentucky alum. What you may not know is that several of the faves and the B are West Virginia alum... And that more importantly, Bub is a WVU student.

Unfortunately, the jam is in Florida right now looking at potential law schools so we aren't going to be able to watch the game together. However, that has not prevented us from some healthy bantering. Currently, Bub and Dock are golfing. Knowing that, I have called Bubs phone every hour since 7am and left the same voice mail- C-A-T-S, CATS CATS CATS. This afternoon, I am attending a work event so I won't have my phone with me. It's safe to say, when I return to my phone there will be an equal amount (if not more) voice mail messages, most likely with him yelling LETS GOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS.

I spoke to Dizz this morning, and the last thing she said was "Go Kentucky... And West Virginia! I brought a shirt for both teams, and I will switch each quarter."

Game starts at 7:05 tonight. The faves are going to grab a table at 5:00 (at the local West Virginia bar, of course). I will be the only Kentucky fan in the whole place, but I am OK with that, because I am confident Kentucky will be this years National Champion.

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!

1 comment:

  1. HAHa - Reading this after the fact - "It's safe to say, when I return to my phone there will be an equal amount (if not more) voice mail messages, most likely with him yelling LETS GOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS."
    Well, you certainly called that one.

    Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete