Thursday, November 18, 2010

THANKSgiving

Hard to believe that we're already only a week away from Thanksgiving. As I've shared with you before, the jam's Thanksgiving tradition is to talk with each other about the three things we're most thankful for this year. As someone who likes to plan ahead, and rehearse things before the big day, I spent a lot of time narrowing down to only three things I am most thankful for this year.

First and foremost (and quite predictable for those of you who know me) I am more than thankful for my incredible family. Mostly for accepting and embracing my (many) imperfections.

Dock is always there with the right thing to say, the best advice and a constant reminder that life is hard and worry is wasted imagination. As a mentor in my professional career, he understands that I am still learning and is there to provide advice and constructive criticism that I couldn't find anywhere else.

Dizzle is by far the most kind woman I have ever met. When it comes to my personal life there is no one who is more supportive and honest. I can truly tell you that my mother is my best friend. This year personally has been full of change, broken hearts and confusion - without her to talk to, I would be a hot mess.

The bub is the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I am so excited that Thanksgiving is bringing him home. There is no one I admire more for his incredible sense of humor and generous heart.

Secondly, I am so grateful that this year has provided me the opportunity to learn about public relations and social media marketing. By becoming a part of this world I have met brilliant professionals and mentors who I hope to learn from for a long time. I blogged earlier in the year about the relationships I have made through Twitter, and reflecting on this post, the people I have met through the social networking sites are some of my closest friends, and people I rely on to teach me every day.

Since I'm only allotted three things to share, lastly I am incredibly grateful for the people I have met this year. For the faves who are always there with a glass of wine when things get tough. For the boy who taught me that taking things slowly allows a real relationship to develop and that despite any heart break I've had in the past, I am more than capable of moving forward. For the #WP and their brilliance and encouragement, and understanding for my love of tequila. To all of you, you know who you are, I am incredibly fortunate to have you in my life and I look forward to another year together.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Abby! Great thing to think about going into next week.

    I'm personally grateful for:

    Perspective -- At 33, I finally have the right perspective to truly appreciate the family and friends I have been granted in this life. I am also grateful to understand how to be thankful for the time I had, even if it was brief, with those who are no longer with us.

    Freedom -- I am thankful that the hard work I do every day has provided me the freedom to focus on the things I want to do professionally, explore the things that interest me, and do the things I enjoy when I'm not at work.

    Generosity -- The very good things and the very bad things I have been through this year have shown me the incredible generosity that exists in this world. I am thankful for that, and for the opportunity to show generosity to others.

    ReplyDelete