Thursday, June 9, 2011

DIG

A while ago, Dock and I decided to start a business. After our initial planning meeting, we named this business DIG - Draper Investment Group. Basically, the goal of our side start up company is to win the lottery. So, every Tuesday and Friday, it is mine and his responsibility to buy a (hopefully winning) lottery ticket. When one of us hits the jackpot, we will split the winnings 60 - 40. While I am the president of the company, he wins the 60 because frankly, he paid for the first, well, 25 years of my life. I probably owe him a few bucks.

So with this new endeavor, I have carefully selected Raleigh's lucky gas station and frequent this secret spot twice a week to invest in DIG. This morning, when I stopped to buy the ticket for tomorrow's drawing, "Pete" (I'm not sure that's his real name, since he can't speak a whole lot of English, but that's what he's asked me to call him now that we're friends) asked me what I would do with the winnings.

Naturally, during the rest of the drive to work (at my real job) I thought about what, exactly, I would spend all of that cash on. Before investing and saving, I came up with the first six things I would do with my 40%.

1. Pay for the rest of Bub's schooling
2. Buy my Chloe bag
3. Pay off the rest of my car
4. Head to Napa Valley for a week
5. Start a scholarship at the University of Kentucky that pays for a super fun girl interested in PR to go to school
6. Buy a bar so SL and I can make our dreams a reality

What would you do with your lottery winnings?

No comments:

Post a Comment