Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fantastic Decision Making

As you have learned, I always knew that I wanted to be in PR. However, it was not until my last year in college that I decided I wanted to be involved with sports marketing and PR in some way. Since graduating, I have been extremely lucky to begin my career exactly where I wanted to. Being in sports marketing and public relations, I am surrounded by others who are also consumed by athletics. With this, often comes the question “Who is your team?”

Since moving out of the Midwest, I have lived in two different states that are both exclusively college sports states. Neither West Virginia nor Kentucky has professional sports teams, which lead me to be an avid Mountaineer football fan and a stereotypical Wildcat Basketball fan.

As for professional teams, after moving to Baltimore I had some decisions to make. My parents and Andrew having all been born and raised in Minnesota are true Vikings fans (they even support the ridiculousness of Brett Favre), and Twins fans. I couldn’t get into the purple and gold (maybe it’s the LSU thing?) and after Kirby Puckett left MN, I was over the Twins.

Now being in Baltimore, the obvious choice would be to follow the Ravens. Don’t get me wrong, I support all of Birdland’s teams, however Raven’s fans have been fans their entire lives and if you haven’t, you’re a poser. Who wants to be a poser? I also refuse to wear purple camo.

I absolutely cannot support the Steelers or the Redskins, so I decided during my first football season in Baltimore that I was an Eagles fan. As for baseball- when I first moved to Baltimore I was fortunate enough to score great tickets to a Phillies playoff game and had an incredible time. Enough said- I am a Phillies fan. You may consider this band-wagonning. I consider it fantastic decision making.

Especially since the Phil’s are about to win number 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment